Started Dec 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EleventhSphere
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
D3/x/s body: Change request
Dec 27, 2009

Made the switch to a D_ body with the D3s, some gripes on the ergonomics, based on what a D700 (w/vertical grip) does better:

1) AF-ON button on vertical grip, positioning

Wouldn't it be cool if virtual horizon function to make the vertical grip AF-ON button on and off?
Might even be just a firmware upgrade.

I wear an XL glove, but don't think my hands are really that big compared to others. In a comfortable hold position, I intermittently and frequently press the AF-ON when holding horizontally. Annoying, and worse, pressing both AF-ON buttons seems to freeze the focus system half the time so nothing happens.

2) Kill the protect key and give us the zoom in / out buttons of D700, vs. push and scroll to zoom.

3) Does the metering mode selector really need a lock? I prefer D700 where I don't need to take eye from viewfinder to switch.

(Would love a solution where ISO changes were one-handed, true for both cameras).

Just growing pains - otherwise the D3s is fantastic. Though I do miss the built-in flash as commander for off camera flash of the D700 when traveling light.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow