GH1, GF1, E-P2 video features confirmation....

Started Dec 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GreenIcedTea
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
GH1, GF1, E-P2 video features confirmation....
Dec 27, 2009

Hi all, I've boiled my next purchase down to these three... GH1, GF1 or E-P2.

I have a couple of questions however... I know all the specs, so I don't need general comparisons etc., or to fuel personal tastes from one to the other... I think all three are great. But what I do NEED to know so I can make a final decision (please no assumptions here, I'd like to hear from people who actually have the camera in question and have tried the feature in question...)... these are mainly with the Video/Movie Mode....

1.) After the timelimit of video recording is maxed out on the E-P2, assuming there is still room on the card... does recording just quit, or does the E-P2 create another file and keep on going (like camcorders with the avi file limit do).... or does ir really get to 2GB or 7min whatever and just end recording, so you have to manually restart recording after that time limit? How do the GH1 and GF1 handle video time limits or file size limits (if any).

2.) The GH1 can control F stop, Shutter and ISO manually in Movie Mode (meaning, as far as I have read, it can "lock" it into those settings via manual control) which is exactlly what I'm looking for... full manual control. To my understanding, the GF1 can do aperture and shutter, but not ISO... and the same goes for the E-P2? Or, can the E-P2 also control ISO, along with aperture and shutter, during moving recording like the GH1.

I'd like to go E-P2 over the GH1 because of the size, but depending on the answers to 1 AND 2 above, I'll have to go GH1.

Thanks so much!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow