Pentax K-x review is up and gets Highly Recommended.

Started Dec 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
zxaar
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,470
Like?
Re: I don't think you can compare like that
In reply to 3sgilbert, Dec 27, 2009

3sgilbert wrote:

KALEL33 wrote:

3sgilbert wrote:

In addition though i think rechargeable battery life should be listed as a con. The price for lithiums could easily escalate over the life of the camera body.

Someone would have to be really stupid to buy lithiums all the time. There's this "new technology" called rechargeable batteries. Many of the Pentax guys are getting over 400 shots on one set of Eneloop rechargeable AA batteries. Also, this could be a positive over a con because you can get AA batteries pretty much anywhere in the world, just in case your batteries run out.....can't do that with other batteries.

Thats my EXACT point, in the DP review they tout 1100 shots and good battery life as a pro when in fact NO FOOL IS GOING TO CONTINUALLY BUY LITHIUMS therefore that measurement means NOTHING. the rechargeable are getting 400 which is HORRENDOUS per battery load out and should be a con as you will be changing batteries quite often on a real outing.

If 400 shots per battery charge is adequate then they should stop even testing any of the cameras battery performance because ANY of them will achieve this. I would much rather charge a battery ( or two up ) and be good for an entire weekend of 3000 plus photos and NEVER even have to think about it.

Its definitely a con in my book at least until they provide at least somewhere in the neighborhood of half the shots per battery pack charge.... I wonder if the AA's have the technology to provide an accurate level indication ala infolithium?

Also there is some good points about more advanced charged systems within the AA world helping prolong battery life and sharing amongst other devices as well...
--
Sony a700 with HVL56AM
Sony a550 ( Wife )
Minolta 50mm F1.4
Minolta 28-75 F2.8 Japan
Sony 18-55 ( Kit )
Tamron 70-200 F2.8 Di
Tamron 28-105 F2.8
Tamron 28-200 3.5-5.6
Tamron 200-500 5-6.3 Di

i have shot more than 1000 shots with rechargeables on pentax k-x.
Sorry but battery is nowhere near a con on this cam.

-- hide signature --

::> I make spelling mistakes. May Dog forgive me for this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow