inexpensive places for good, uncut, mat boards?

Started Dec 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
santamonica812
Contributing MemberPosts: 799
Like?
inexpensive places for good, uncut, mat boards?
Dec 26, 2009

[cross-posted on Printing forum]

Till now, I've always purchased mat boards at my local Aaron Brothers and paid to have them cut. I realize that it's time to buy my own mat cutter and start doing it myself.

I am going to buy a Logan 450 cutter, since, at $150, it will pay for itself in no time. (On the rare occasions I will sell a large print, I can always send those mat boards out for cutting to some local pro shop, I figure.)

But I'd now like to get a good supply of blank mats, to keep on hand. 16x20 (for 11x14 prints), 24x30 (for 16x20 prints) and 30x40, for larger prints. Acid-free board, of course. I see a few places on-line, but I'm hoping to get from you guys some first-hand experiences. Obviously, the less expensive the better (assuming quality is equivalent, which should be easy, since I'm not asking for any cuts--merely the mats). The only colors I will need are white, off-white, and a cream or antique-white color (if that factors into your recommendations).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
-josh
--
http://www.pbase.com/santamonica

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow