Barcelona 2 - the genius of Gaudi

Started Dec 19, 2009 | Discussions thread
doto41
Forum ProPosts: 11,184
Like?
Re: Thanks Mike
In reply to Mikedigi, Dec 24, 2009

Mikedigi wrote:

Thank you for both replies Dov, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to find such a good deal on the LX3 - well done!

Re the A200, did I tell you I also found an "unused used" A230 standard 18-55 mm lens at auction on Ebay? So I now have 27-82 mm EFL and 42-300 mm EFL (the old Sigma 28-200).

So I'm in the strange other-world of the DSLR again, alongside FZ8-world, and am trying to develop stronger neck muscles . . .

Maybe you should look for a used and experienced caddie on ebay, to hep you carry all that stuff

There are "Wow" moments and "omigod the FZ8 is better for this" moments. I feel much more conspicuous with the bigger camera when street shooting.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and hope you are enjoying the experiment.

If you have a spare minute or two, have a look at the high ISO performance of the new Pentax K-x in the DPR Review. I may not stay with DSLRs anyway, but it's interesting to see a JPEG engine that retains more detail right up to 12800 ISO and it seems that it's an immediate easy class leader for IQ.

Looks very interesting, and would have been impossible even to imagine even some months ago, that looks a very enticing (I've no idea where this word came out of :)) camera

I won't say Happy Christmas but you know what I mean . . .

I do, and I appreciate it, and wish you and family health and happiness for the holidays and the whole new year.

-- hide signature --

Dov

fz8, minolta 0, raynox 250, oly c-180, oly b-300 (and hoping for more :))

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30848682@N04/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow