Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)

Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
Barry Carter
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,363Gear list
Like?
Re: It Still Baffles Me
In reply to Barry Nelson, Dec 23, 2009

The Olympus CxxxxZ camera's had a lot going; that even today's camera's can't compete. Features like manual focusing, f/1.8 lens, ability to take auxillary lenses, and wireless remote control. Wow, and to think I paid over $800 for that C2000Z! In today's money, that is probably $1100; ouch!

Ciao....Barry

Barry Nelson wrote:

It amazes me everyday when I see the old memory cards "Smartmedia" selling for as much as $69.00 for a 128mb when you could easily (for the same money or a little more) buy a newer 10mp camera for the same price and pay as little as $12.00 for a 8gb card. Bottom line: People love their old digcams and will pay any price to get memory for them. I much rather have a 2.1 Olympus C-2100 (aka UZ1) than a new 10mp camera that hangs on a rack at the local drug store next to the electric shavers.
--

'Kicking Back With My Pentax K200D (Sigma 70-300m) & Fuji E-550. Love to buy and sell classic old digital cameras, the 2000 model Olympus C-2100UZ can't be beat.
Cameras Make Pictures, People Create Them

Barry Carter's gear list:Barry Carter's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow