Started Dec 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MTRKC
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
VERY expensive lesson
Dec 23, 2009

I am not a professional, but I do enjoy taking pictures. About 2 years ago I finally saved up enough to jump into the DSLR arena. I purchased a D80 which came with the 18-135 lens. I then purchased a Sigma 10-20 and a Nikon 70-300. I had heard about grey market and did not want to make a mistake and get a lens that would not have a warranty, so I went onto Nikon USA’s site and went to their “authorized dealers” list. From that list I called Tri State Camera in NY and ordered the lenses. Well, apparently Tri State slipped me a grey market lens. Now I need some repair and Nikon refuses to fix it. Not warranty, understand, they won’t fix it at any cost. I now have a very expensive paper weight. I think it stinks that Nikon sent me to a dealer that handles Nikon lenses that can never be repaired. Sorry for the rant, but it doesn’t seem right to buy a lens from an authorized dealer and then Nikon won’t have anything to do with it. It would be different if it was from an ebay Hong Kong place.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow