Started Dec 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lbfd
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
When Canon will produce this 3D ?
Dec 23, 2009

This is a "dream" combination of all canon hardware already produced (or just launched) :

-the body of the 7D (autofocus, exposure, weatherselling, shutter, ....) (at least, if a 100% viewfinder is too expensive (or I think they want to reserve it just for 1D line) I can cope with the 98% of the 5D mk II but with the technology of the 7D. With a little flash (to have the possibility to command other flash) ;

-the sensor of the 5D mk II optimized so the highest sensibility could set up at 102 000 ISO, and usable at around 6400 or 12800. A 21MPIX Full frame as a lower density than an APS-H at 16 MPIX, so it should have less noise than the 1D MkIV. And personaly, I don't need a lot of MPIX as it will be very expensive in a second run, for the computer and storage. As 20 MPIX is very good for A2 print, I don't need more ;

-With the dual Digic IV we could obtain a frame rate at around 7.5 fps (10 fps@16MP = 160 Mo/s, to compare with the 5 fps of the future 1Ds Mk IV with 32 MPIX ?) with a buffer about 20 RAW ;

-a swivel 2.5" with 900 000 pixels (yes it is narrow but it will be much easier to follow the video recording (as the viewfinder can't work during video) ; (this is the only feature wich doesn't exist right now, but I'm pretty sure it is not very difficult to produce)

I think they could also continue selling the 5d mkII at less than 2000$ and this 3D at around 2500-2750 $

All the research and development cost is already done with the work for the 7D and the 1D mk IV, and you just add a product so the profitability will be quicker

This should fill the Full frame game for canon beetween the 5D mk II and the too anafordable 1Ds mk IV wich should arrive in January !

I can't see why canon will not do this in the next months ?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow