Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)

Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
MikeInIndy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057Gear list
Like?
Re: Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)
In reply to Barry Nelson, Dec 23, 2009

I still have my old Nikon Coolpix 2000 2mpix camera. My complaints with it are numerous, but none of them have to do with image quality. It ate batteries, had a terrible screen and no OVF, was slow, and was kind of clunky and big. It takes great pictures when used correctly and framed right. Ultimately I replaced it with an SD780 IS recently as I wanted something that I wouldn't be turned off about carrying since the SD slides into a pocket. The SD's image quality at base ISO is amazing because of it's huge resolution advantage, but when you start cranking the ISO up it loses some of that advantage, but ultimately it does seem to out perform the old girl in pretty much every way. I thought about trying to get 10 or 20 bucks out of the old coolpix, but frankly I think I'd rather keep it to take places I wouldn't take a digicam I'd be worried about losing.
--
-Mike

MikeInIndy's gear list:MikeInIndy's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow