Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)

Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
Mike_PEAT
Forum ProPosts: 10,678Gear list
Like?
Recently bought two 2mp cameras for 3D photography...
In reply to Barry Nelson, Dec 23, 2009

Barry Nelson wrote:

I just received an Olympus C-700 10X zoom I snagged off Ebay for $32.50 in like new condition and a 64mb and 16mb Olympus Smartmedia card.

I was also a C-700 UZ user, and it was a great camera...I had to even go back to it a while back because I tore a tendon in my hand and I couldn't support the weight of my dSLR (I've since gone back to my dSLR although I now use a grip strap with it).

Thoughts and your favorite older digcam?

Well, I've been doing electronic photography since the late 80's, my first non-film camera was a Canon Xapshot (aka Q-pic)...it wasn't digital, but it used a CCD and recorded analog video pictures (like a single frame from a VHS tape) onto a 2" floppy disk.

Another camera that got a lot of use was my "JamCam" which was 0.3mp (640x480). I actually bought a second one and mounted both on a metal bar to do 3D photography.

Which brings me to my latest purchase of two Fuji Finepix A201 2mp cameras (that I paid $10 each for), again which will be mounted on the metal bar and used for 3D photography (to get more resolution than the JamCams had).

So why didn't I just buy a second dSLR...well it's just too heavy to lift two dSLRs...although if I was doing fine art and paid for it I would get two Oly E-P1's since they are small enough.

Mike_PEAT's gear list:Mike_PEAT's gear list
Lytro Light Field 16GB
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow