Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)

Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
Barry Nelson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,666
Like?
Re: Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)
In reply to Barry Carter, Dec 22, 2009

Hey fellow Barry,

My first experience into the digital world was almost my last. I got a cheap Vivitar for Christmas back in 2004 and all the reds and greens of the holiday season came out purplelish and olive drab.YEEECH. It got me thinking that ALL digital cameras were like that. Having owned several top notch Canon SLRs like the F-1, I was very disappointed.,that was short-lived after a purchased a Fuji E-550 and it was like night and day as far as picture quality goes. I've been upgrading ever since but a good company that made 35mm cameras produced 3mp (or less) cameras. Now I know why most review sites like DP and Steve's don't even bother to test Vivitars and other cheapos. I would much rather have a low resolution digcam from before 2003 than a new 10mp camera from a company that produces off colors and focusing you can't depend on. I guess I assumed that since Vivitar made great "Series 1" lenses for my 35mms, their cameras would be just as great...WRONG!!
--

'Kicking Back With My Pentax K200D (Sigma 70-300m) & Fuji E-550. Love to buy and sell classic old digital cameras, the 2000 model Olympus C-2100UZ can't be beat.
Cameras Make Pictures, People Create Them

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow