Started Dec 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,939Gear list
Like?
A few EP-1 and GF-1 questions
Dec 22, 2009

I was at my local camera store and they finally started to carry Panasonic cameras and had a GF-1 camera on the self. They also had a EP-1 camera. So I spent an hour or so handling both of theses camera. I didn't get the owner manual out so I tried to figure things out by just trial and error.

On the EP-1 I never could get to a quick menu and digging into the regular menu system is a real pain. I really wish there were more direct controls.

On the GF-1 I never could get to the EV comp.

I did like the handling of the GF-1 better than the EP-1. The AF is a little faster espeically in the low light of the camera store. The screen is nicer. The controls seems to be a little easier to get to since they do have a Quick Menu button. Seems to handle like my D-Lux 4, which I really like.

I read in Popular Photography that the GF-1 is more noiser than the EP-1. I am guessing that is jsut for in-camera JEPG and not for RAW. Is that right. Then again Popular Photography could just be wrong. This wouldn't be the first case for what use to be a great photography magizine.

I am still thinking about buying one of these cameras.

Dave
--

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow