Back To Older Digicam Fasination Chat (3MP or Less)

Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
Barry Nelson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,666
Like?
Re: still using mine despite the alternatives
In reply to kjunom, Dec 22, 2009

kjunom wrote:

I just used my Olympus C3000 two weeks ago in NYC. It's small, works great and takes fine pics with accurate focus and exposure, good enough optics and some zoom range. It allows plenty of user control or auto operation. I sent a friend some pics a few years ago from a weekend at Cape May and he liked them so much he had a couple of them printed and framed for me. I've got bigger, better cameras, but the C3000 is just so convenient and unobtrusive. If you check out some of the photo contests from their "era", the 3MP cameras are plenty capable.

-- hide signature --

'Kicking Back With My Pentax K200D (Sigma 70-300m) & Fuji E-550. Love to buy and sell classic old digital cameras, the 2000 model Olympus C-2100UZ can't be beat.
Cameras Make Pictures, People Create Them

I agree 100%, I also have a Olympus C2040 which I got for $12.00 on Ebay, it's weird that the Smartmedia memory cards are going for more money that the cameras themselves....a 128mb card can cost you as much as a 16gb SD card....weird. Do you ever go to http://www.pbase.com and search pictures by camera model? It's even amazing to see quality pics taken with a D460 1.3MP Olympus, these cameras are great for getting the kids as young as 6 years old into the world of photography.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow