Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LKeithR
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,090
Like?
DMW-LW52 on DP-1
Dec 21, 2009

There's another thread on the go right now about the Panasonic LW46 wide converter on a DP-1 so I thought some of you might be interested in how the LW52 converter works.

The LW52 is a .8 converter with a 52 mm thread so it requires a 46-52 step-up ring to screw on to the HA-11 extension tube. Combined with the 28mm (equiv.) lens of the DP-1 it provides a 22.4mm wide angle. I'm not sure if this is exactly what I'm getting since I'm sure there's an optimum distance between camera lens and converter and I don't know if I've achieved that distance with this combo.

The converter seems to work quite well - based on just a few test shots, none in really good light. I definitely need more time to play before I render a final verdict. My converter came with a little Panny LC40 that I bought. The seller didn't seem to know what he had as I only paid $75 for the camera, converter and a few accessories. So far it seems like it's well worth the money.

A couple of test images and one shot of the converter on the DP-1. It's definitely a big sucker - bigger, I think, than the LW46...

-- hide signature --

Keith...

Look at the picture, not the pixels...
http://www.lkeithr.zenfolio.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow