Does any one know why Rob Gailbraith was not involved in the 1D4 beta testing?

Started Dec 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Howard Nusbaum
Regular MemberPosts: 306
Like?
Does any one know why Rob Gailbraith was not involved in the 1D4 beta testing?
Dec 20, 2009

I was reading Rob Gailbraith's website and there was a sidebar link to 1D4 focus testing. When you click to the link the webpage notes that Rob was not involved in the 1D4 beta test.

I could read that two different ways. One is that he was not asked to participate, and that this was a clarification that we should not be expecting preliminary results from him until after he gets a copy after it comes out. It could then also be read as a 'dig' on being excluded from the process.

A second read is that he declined to participate in a beta test when asked. Presumably, if that were the case, his notice could have been more explicit that the exclusion as a result of a decision on his part not to take the effort to pre-test. Since he notes that once he gets a copy after its release that he intends to test, I am suspecting the former is the case, and that he was not asked to participate.

Does anyone have some more information to shed light on this?

From Canon's point of view, the stakes for including him could be too high regardless of their confidence in the camera's performance. If it performs well, no doubt when Rob tests it he will come to the same conclusion, so I suppose this is the most prudent course to take...certainly the least risky career risk for a Canon manager to take.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow