BH Photo sucks

Started Dec 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Bullwhip
Bullwhip Regular Member • Posts: 261
BH Photo sucks

Ok, maybe sucks is a bad word to use, but right now I'm at a loss to better explain it. I heard good stuff about them and thought I'd give them a try, as they are supposedly "pro's". So I call to place an order this morning and it rings forever. A recording comes on and says all sales people are busy. Finally a recording comes on that says transferring to a supervisor. It rings and then switches back to ? and then disconnects me. Hmm...so I call back and finally get someone to answer. I explain I want to purchase the whole Pentax setup, but their price is $150 more than Amazon. He looks his item number up, says that's because his is a "kit", which includes a memory card!! I told him to keep the memory card, that would be fine by me. He says he can't break up their "kit". I nicely explain that the mfg number is the same as Amazon and $150 for a memory card seems a bit much. He says but he has free shipping. I explain that Amazon has free super saving shipping too. He says he won't change the price at all, and did I want to order it. (which, of course, I didn't).

Not exactly "pro" in my book, and an experience I might have expected from one of the "lesser" vendors.
Oh well, just venting and thought I'd share.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jk
ylo
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow