Sold Nikon D90, went with Canon 500D (T1i)

Started Dec 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
George Lechter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,564Gear list
Like?
Sold Nikon D90, went with Canon 500D (T1i)
Dec 20, 2009

I have the D40 and had the D90

I have been reading that for casual home pics around the house and for casual vacationing, in the Nikon forums the D40 is preferred about 60% over the D90 due to its size. Small size matters, I've spent hours reading the forums. Ken Rockwell loves the D40 for its weight, size and simplicity. He gets heat but at the end of the day many Nikon users reached for the D40 still, its got to be size/weight or simplicity.

In my case I always thought the D90 was larger than I wanted it to be I did not want to look like a pro.

The D5000 Nikon has a dated 270K screen, no autofocus in Movie mode, and is 3 ounces more than the D40...from the D40 to the D90 it is 7 ounces.

The Canon 500D weighs .1 pounds less than the D40, has a 900K screen, AF with movie and in Amazon it is $ 760 with 18-55 lens and 55-200 lens. ($ 200 instant rebate when in the cart)

I don't care about flip screen of the Nikon D5000, I can do liveview at an angle with the Canon 500D

So I'm gonna try it

I would have gone for the Nikon D5000 if it had a 900K screen, AF with movie.

I still prefer Nikon equipment. I guess I am pushing for Nikon to upgrade the D5000

George Lechter's gear list:George Lechter's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow