Started Dec 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Are A5xx cameras really "poorly featured"
Dec 17, 2009

Yes, I realize that these cameras could have been better if they had included things like MLU, DOF preview, AF assist light, etc. I have no argument with the concept that inclusion of these features would have been a better thing to do and I do not plan to make any excuses for Sony not putting them in to both cameras.

Having said that, it still seems odd that the cameras that have the fastest fps in their class, the best live view options available, the only HDR mode in their class, a better image stabilization option vs the big boys (canikon), a huge improvement in high ISO performance versus any other sub $1000 camera Sony has ever produced, and the best battery life in class, to be criticized as being "poorly featured".

As an alternative way of looking at things, would folks have been happier if the cameras shot 3 fps, had no live view, had no hdr, had the lesser version of DRO, had high ISO images that were no better than the A350, had half the battery life, but included MLU and DOF? Would not Sony have then been criticized for lack of innovation? Yes, I know that we all would have liked to have had all the new features plus retained all of the old features. That certainly would have made the cameras more compelling. However, considering all of the features these cameras have as they are, is it fair to call them "poorly featured"? What do you all think?

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow