Info, please, on Epson 3800 art papers...

Started Dec 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ADWyatt
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Info, please, on Epson 3800 art papers...
Dec 17, 2009

I'm a photographic portrait painter, using CS4 to prepare my photos for painting, and Painter 11 to paint the portraits. The problem I'm having is with final output.

Currently, I'm using the Epson 3800 to print with, but this is an extremely limited printer when it comes to art papers. Either the supported number of Epson art papers aren't printable with the 3800, or the sizes are wrong, or they come in rolls, which the 3800 can't handle. Just as bad, I have no Epson paper samples to show which paper is best for various paints, such as oils, watercolors or chalks.

For those who may know, can the 3800 be used for art output, or have its days come to an end? If so, what is the best printer for art printing in the market today?

I notice that, until December 31, Canon's iPF 6100 24" printer is on sale with a rebate price of around $1,850. I don't like the idea that I will have to buy new dual heads every year, but I understand that ink costs are less than Epson. Along that line, if anyone has info on how the Epson 7900 stacks up, please tell me.

As well, regarding the above-named printers, which one might have the best art papers? Yes, I've read all the official info I can, but experienced opinion counts for so much more.

Any advice and opinions would be very much appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow