Tripods....

Started Dec 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
dacrema
Contributing MemberPosts: 568
Like?
Re: Tripods....
In reply to sripos1, Dec 17, 2009

slik makes some good tripods but you will pay more than 100 for anything worth keeping.

What lens and what use? If you are looking to mount a D100 to D300 with a 50 mm lens to take a landscape or family picture that you are not publishing a less expensive tripod can make do. But once you start using it for real work you will curse the money you spent.

John

Ps.

I have had 4 tripods. The first one was given to me by my parents many years ago and they thought they spent a lot. I used it about 3 times indoors before it broke with a Pentex Spot-a-matic II (sp?) and 50mm lens. The second one was a little better, but wobbled. The third was the best I could afford after getting out of college (the SLIK). It weighed a ton and had a crummy head for a cheep video camera. I replaced the head when I had a few bucks. I would still be using it today except I got a bonus at work and purchased (aka blew the bonus) on an Induro CF tripod. Still using the same ball head. The first three tripods might have paid for the fourth - though without the ball head. I gave the slik to a very good friend who has more talent than hobby money. You might look for used tripods. There are some good deals from people like me that learned the hard way.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow