Started Dec 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pete Rissler
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Upgrading from Epson 2200
Dec 16, 2009

I have an Epson Photo 2200 that I've been using for years. I'm currently out of ink and instead of buying new ink, I'm thinking this maybe a good time for a new printer. Since I've only used Epson printers those are the ones that I'm currently considering. These are the printers; Epson 1400, R1900, R2880 (Pro 3880).

The 1400 is in there because I have an RX700 AIO that uses dye inks and produces some of the best glossy color photos that I have seen (though at a maximun width of 8.5"). I don't understand the difference between the two pigment printers (R1900, R2880) it looks like they use different pigment formulations and have different color inks. It almost looks like the R1900 is strictly for printing glossy colored prints while the R2880 is much more adapt at printing black and whites and printing on matte paper. I don't do a whole lot of black and whites but I do want to do some. I've had a tough time in the past with my 2200. So I guess is there much difference in printing color glossy between the three and is the R2880 that much better in printing color and black and white and printing on matte. Also in comparision to the 2200.

Thanks,
Pete

Pete Rissler's gear list:Pete Rissler's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Nikon 1 AW1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +8 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow