A rebuttal to all those lukewarm A550 reviews...

Started Dec 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary Friedman
Regular MemberPosts: 323
Like?
A rebuttal to all those lukewarm A550 reviews...
Dec 15, 2009

I wasn't going to write this. After all, I never do camera reviews (I just write books about them ) and I had not budgeted any time to write a newsletter this month. However, I have just returned from a family vacation having taken my new Sony Alpha 550 as my only DSLR. Unlike some of the reviews I've read online about this camera, I actually spent time using it as it was designed to be used: to take great family pictures. Especially of toddlers (who don't sit still for anything). Especially on a vacation. Especially in low light. And I have to tell you - for this purpose, this camera is just AWESOME!!

http://friedmanarchives.com/newsletters/newsletter-09-12/index.htm

(Mind you, I haven't been this excited about a new camera since my A900. )

Many of you may not agree with my enthusiasm, and that's alright. I just took off my "photographer" hat and tried to approach this camera as a DSLR newbie who only used point-and-shoots in the past (which is the camera's target demographic). I can't wait for this sensor to show up in future models.

-Gary

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow