Yatta, my 430EX II arrived! One pic inside!

Started Dec 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
AndMarios
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Thank you all for the nice comments!
In reply to AndMarios, Dec 15, 2009

Thank you all very much for the comments! I really appreciate it.

@klassenl

You are right. I liked the fact that I was reflected in the kitten’s eyes but since I didn’t do it on purpose and I do not know how to avoid it is a problem.

@AnthonyL and rjfalks

For my flash e-TTL works fine when the flash is directed towards the subbject but seriously undexposes when I bounce it on white walls. Since the undexposure is quite constant for a certain subject (and not random which would be really bad) I try to compensate for this using FEC. Although I was in Av mode I had set the flash to 1/200sec mode and not fill in so it was like manual.

Another problem with the flash is the crop sensor detect function. As many of you know it detects if the camera has a crop sensor and adjusts the zoom accordingly. But if I shoot a white wall this results to extreme vignetting. I think that with normal subjects this doesn’t happen but I haven’t played enough with it yet.

I have to read the links you gave me (YOGI I didn’t knew planetneil, thanx!) and generally more articles on flash photography. Since I really like fashion photography and generally concept shooting where light matters I have to master my speedlite!

PS. The kitten isn’t being straggled, I didn’t even use the force! Actually my hand is under its legs and it is raised upwards so the kitten rests with its body on my palm. It was a bit afraid at the start because of the height but then I think it liked it!

-- hide signature --

DO NOT PANIC!
http://www.andmarios.com
My 5 cents: turn off Highlight Tone Priority!

AndMarios's gear list:AndMarios's gear list
Canon EOS 500D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II ProCapture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow