Started Dec 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Baldeck
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Question about xD Cards for S3
Dec 14, 2009

I have a Fuji S3, which takes either xD or CF cards. The xD cards come as either type "M" or type "H", and I've been using Type "H" cards in it because I've read here that this is the fastest combination for the S3: xD type "H" can record RAW files much faster than CF cards, or the type "M" xD cards, which are said to be about the same speed as the CF. The S3 camera needs all the speed it can get.

Until recently, I have been able to find 1GB type "H" cards locally, but not 2GB type "H", although the 2 GB variety are sometimes available on the internet, albeit at significantly higher prices. So I've just been getting the 1GB versions whenever they are on sale locally.

Lately I've noticed that whenever Staples or Office Max or one of the other big box stores has a "sale" on xD cards, they feature 2GB versions, and although described in the ads as High Speed, the pictures which accompany the ads show these cards clearly labeled as "M+". Since the previous type "M" xD cards are no faster than CF cards, my question is: are these cards labeled as "M+" really any faster than the old type "M" cards? What happened to the type "H" cards?

Charles Baldeck

Charles Baldeck's gear list:Charles Baldeck's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow