Canon 7D fuzzy photos?

Started Dec 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bambul Junior Member • Posts: 33
Canon 7D fuzzy photos?

Hello everybody.

I have been a canon DSLR user for about 5 years and I've been happy with it. Sadly, all of my gear were stolen a few weeks ago( lenses, flashes, bodies, memory cards, bags, tripods,you name it). I do not have any camera gear any more.

Photography is a hobby for me, but I am very serious about it, and I really enjoy it, as all of you do.

I am wondering if anybody can help me to choose between Canon 7D and Nikon D300s. I do a lot of bird photography. I like the canon 100-400mm and I know the Nikon equivalent(80-400) is not as fast focusing as Canon.

However, I have read disturbing reports about Canon's fuzzy photos and autofocus problems. I do not want to start a Canon vs Nikon thread here. I just want to make sure I am making a good decision. I know both bodies will performe beyond my abilities.

So here is my questions:
1. Are those reports about fuzzy pictures or canon autofocus problems true?

2. Is there a good equivalent to Canon 100-400L ( at the same price range) for Nikon?

3. Do you think Sigma 100-300 F4 ( Plus 1.4 Teleconverter) is as good (sharp and fast) as Canon 100-400L?

I know there is no definite answer, but I appreciate your input.

I know if I go one way or the other, it's really hard to go back and it is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to go with either brands!

Please answer only if you own or used those gear.

Thanks for helping me out.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow