Started Dec 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 17,505Gear list
A suggestion for the DPR staff
Dec 12, 2009

Simon, There is so much confusion over your recommended ratings. I realize that they are personal and based on your individual biases as to what is valuable in a camera. Maybe you could give detailed reasons as to how you come up with the rating for each camera because, for many of us, the review and the pro's and con's list just doesn't doesn't explain it well enough. I say this from my perspective because I often read a review and come up with a completely different conclusion than you and your staff. A simple statement like I gave a recommended rating instead of highly recommended because of the following. Or a general statement that says "a highly recommended camera should have the following". That way at least we know where you're coming from and If we disagree with your criteria we could take that into account.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Look at the picture, not the pixels

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow