Vote for Pentax

Started Nov 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
Theresa_N
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: Thinking of switching to Sony?
In reply to Maxwell Smart, Dec 11, 2009

I don't know what he is thinking of but the view through the viewfinder on my Sony a850 is at least as big as it was through my Nikon FTN and Canon both manual focus, manual exposure. There are features that some may miss, but I do not. I grew up with medium format Kodak cameras and later used a view camera so the automation and features of the Sony are quite enough for me. I also don't miss the video available on some cameras at all, I could buy a HD camcorder if I needed it, but I don't. As for noise, noise was apparent in contact prints back when I was growing up. The noise at high ISOs with the Sony doesn't concern me much. I realize that if I was a photojournalist I would need lower noise at high ISOs. I never shot anything faster than ISO 100 with my old Graphlex 4x5 even when handheld and certainly never did with my Calumet view camera. I find ISO 800 very good with the Sony unless I start pixel peeping and even then the application of a little denoising on the color is sufficient to get rid of it. Just don't shoot JPEGs, convert to it when posting on the web.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JohnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow