ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
belphot
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Am I silly because i use iphoto ?
Dec 10, 2009

Hi there,

This is my firs posting on this forum, and I am also a Mac newbie (got my mac mini 2 months ago, and loving it sofar). I am a "moderate" photo amateur, when I shoot pictures (mostly kids with Canon Eos 40D) I want them to look ok with limited PP.

When I read discussions about PP software, I keep reading that iphoto shouldn't be used as a photo editor. But when I previously used Photoshop elements for cropping, exposure correction and color balance corrections, I now have the feeling that all of this can be done equally well in iphoto. Admittedly, you have less options for finetuning and retouching, but for the above mentioned stuff I find it hard to see where iphoto should be laggging behind. I love the ease of use of it, and especially the fact that I can do the organising and basic editing in the same programm.

So far I haven't made any prints yet. Anyone having experience with how well the automatic corrections for exposure turn out in print ? I have the impression they are doing the job quite well in most cases.

Thanks for any input

Regards

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow