Started Dec 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbramham
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,277Gear list
Like?
*******Challenge 92 - 'Black & White' ********
Dec 9, 2009

Thanks to Jacob for hosting the last Challenge!

The subject for the next Challenge is "Black & White" and the deadline for entries will be 10:00pm GMT on Friday 18th December.

I'll accept entries from any make or type of camera but only one entry per person please.

I love B&W photography which can be incredibly powerful when done well. The lack of colour can heighten the importance of the photographic subject, composition, tones, textures, line and balance of light and darkness.

I'll accept mono toned images as well as straight B&W but I'm not that keen on the use of selective colour in B&W images.

In the rules below, which I have copied from earlier challenges, please try and remember to "reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post if you are submitting an entry and please RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR PHOTO ENTRY."

Ian
http://ianbramham.com/
http://ianbramham.aminus3.com/ (Photoblog)

R U L E S:

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (if you post more than one image, the first will be your entry in the challenge). The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

Any picture you’ve taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera it was taken with.

You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera, lens and exposure info along with your photo. Feel free to comment on other contestant’s images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put (CC) next to the title of your image [e.g. Sunset with Canada Geese (CC)].

VERY IMPORTANT!!! - Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post if you are submitting an entry and please RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR PHOTO ENTRY.

THE PICTURE THAT YOU CHOOSE TO ENTER MUST NOT HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED IN A PREVIOUS CHALLENGE

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they’re sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (800 to 1000 pixels on the longest side works best.)

Instructions for embedding a photo:

Basically putting http: your-hosting-site/ your-photo.jpg will show your photo here. This means you can:

1. While your photo on Pbase (or any other web site) is open, copy the URL address from the address box on your tool bar, then paste it into your reply thread. Add a .jpg extension to get the photo to show up. Click on preview to make sure it’s what you want.

or

2. Right click on the image in Pbase (or where ever you’ve hosted it), click on “Properties”... highlight the link with the .jpg extension on it and paste it into your message text.

Provide any additional information concerning your entry you want.

Here's some of my own recent B&W photos that I've taken with my D40:

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow