ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neil74
Regular MemberPosts: 365
Like?
Calibrating the new 27" imac
Dec 9, 2009

Hello all,

I have a new 27” imac and am revisiting calibration I have been using an old spyder 2 puck with I have been using with an old version of CEDP. It seems that spyder 2 puck is not totally suitable for the new imac and I was certainly not happy with the first calibration that I ran so yesterday I picked up a Spyder 3 pro kit (it was a steal at nearly £50 off).

I have not even unboxed it yet but I am already wondering how best to calibrate the imac as with no direct controls (other than brightness via the keyboard) it is very different to a normal monitor. I am also aware that whilst a lovely machine the imac screen is not in the league of a top end monitor so 100% accurate colour is probably optimistic, I expect though to get the colour close enough but mostly I want to make sure that I get the luminance correct. So how best to proceed?

If there is anybody out there who has managed to get their 27” imac looking good I’d appreciate knowing how? I am leaning towards upgrading to the new CEDP but given the limited controls on the imac I am wondering if it would be overkill, the old version that I have does not have the Spyder 3 puck listed so I cannot reply on the 2 talking to each other properly and with the spyder software I have concerns over not being able to specify a target luminance. Ideas welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow