Started Dec 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrpassion
Forum MemberPosts: 89
Like?
Monaco Optix XR + windows 7 64bit. Pls help
Dec 9, 2009

I have the Monaco Optix XR and I know that they no longer support it for Vista and win7. But I was able to get it to work after downloading the old driver and installing it manually.

The problem is that when I profile and caliberate my LCD monitor with it, the colours are waaaaayyy bad! It just ruins every aspect of the picture after the caliberation is done. I have tried every possible thing but it didnt help. Earlier I had used the set up with XP and CRT monitors. What could the problem be?

1) Windows 7 compatibility problems?
2) That I am using an HDMI cable and not DVI?

3) My LCD monitor has Backlight settings in addition to the usual brightness and contrast. During profiling and caliberation when the software asks me to lower the brightness to zero am I supposed to lower the backlight setting to zero as well? I ask because unlike my CRT, on this LCD monitor the display is quite bright even with brightness turned to zero. If yes then at the next stage when it says adjust your brightness, how will I bring back the backlight in relation to the usual brightness?

4) In the NVIDIA control panel I checked the box that says - Another application controls the colours. Am I supposed to do something else?

Pls help as I dont want to throw the optix XR away and get a new one.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow