Started Dec 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rex_W
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
IS Failure
Dec 9, 2009

I went to the IS menu on my E3 and discovered a new section of the menu had appeared on the rear LCD.

I suddenly had a focal length window under the three IS modes which could be altered by pressing the + / - button then adjusted using the thumbwheel.

I thought that the lens had stopped transferring its focal length to the camera but on checking the exif data the focal length was there. I also tried a couple of different lenses but the same window was within the IS menu.

I contacted Olympus and they said reset the camera, if still there return the camera for repair. I had already done a reset but tried again with the same result.

As my E1 repair (a long time ago!) cost £700 and took nearly two months I'm reluctant to let them have it. Currently I'm using the camera with IS turned off and tring to get a quote for repair form a UK repairer.

I wonder if anyone else has checked their E3 IS window and has the 'extra' focal length adjustment facility, that shouldn't be there!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ReneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow