IS Failure

Started Dec 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Rex_W
Rex_W New Member • Posts: 11
IS Failure

I went to the IS menu on my E3 and discovered a new section of the menu had appeared on the rear LCD.

I suddenly had a focal length window under the three IS modes which could be altered by pressing the + / - button then adjusted using the thumbwheel.

I thought that the lens had stopped transferring its focal length to the camera but on checking the exif data the focal length was there. I also tried a couple of different lenses but the same window was within the IS menu.

I contacted Olympus and they said reset the camera, if still there return the camera for repair. I had already done a reset but tried again with the same result.

As my E1 repair (a long time ago!) cost £700 and took nearly two months I'm reluctant to let them have it. Currently I'm using the camera with IS turned off and tring to get a quote for repair form a UK repairer.

I wonder if anyone else has checked their E3 IS window and has the 'extra' focal length adjustment facility, that shouldn't be there!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow