Started Dec 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pathvis
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
NEW DSLR and Lenses for Low light and action shots
Dec 8, 2009

Thanks to all you knowledgeable people out there for helping out us newbies! I am interested in buying a DSLR for general photography...I will be a first time DSLR owner. I have a Nikon Coolpix 5700 and like it but I would like to take the plunge into the DSLR world. I have read alot and understand the basics of exposure but have no real experience with DSLR except for playing around with a Canon Xti. I want to use the camera for general family shots, landscapes, etc. but specifically, I am interested in getting good shots of my gymnast daughter in action (i.e. low light situations with fast action and no flash allowed and from a distance that requires zoom capability). I also want to get better actions shots of my son who plays soccer. Good portrait capability would also be nice for family and individual shots. I have narrowed the selection (rightly or wrongly) to Nikon D90 and Canon 500D (XTi). I am concerned about lens selection moreso than Camera body as either will likely be OK. What are the recommendations for me based on these parameters? My budget is not unlimited but I would prefer to get it right with the first lens selection as the kids are growing up fast and I don't want to miss too many more chances! In other words, I'm willing to pay for better quality if more is required to accomplish my goals, rather than trial and error for a few years...Ideas?? Thanks in advance!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DxONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow