G1 firmware downgrade anyone? (That's NOT about battery)

Started Dec 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
Michael J Davis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,510Gear list
Like?
I think that's the wrong question...
In reply to Michael J Davis, Dec 7, 2009

I wrote:

Godfrey wrote:

I have both Panasonic and third party cable remotes. Both work perfectly, on both the L1 and G1; they've never failed no matter what firmware there is. Whether there's logic in them or not I couldn't tell you ... I have no need nor desire to take them apart. Far as I can tell, they just open and close circuits anyway.

The difference between them is in the cable end used: the shapes of the tips are subtly different. I've heard of some cameras failing to trigger with this same third party cable.

Thanks Godfrey - hadn't seen this thread before. Do you think I could file the tip to fit? eg has it got a steeper shoulder? (Yes I know a new one wouldn't cost much!! )

Oh! I just looked at the circuit diagram!
My G1 focusses, but then doesn't fire.

If the only connection is across the two base contacts, then the issue isn't one of seating but of effective resistance on the trigger setting. Can't think why it works on the FZ50, though.

So sorry for asking a silly question.

Mike
--
Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow