Do you have a lens suggestion for Artistic Nude Low/natural light

Started Dec 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
Cogset
Senior MemberPosts: 1,156Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you have a lens suggestion for Artistic Nude Low/natural light
In reply to Guidenet, Dec 3, 2009

Guidenet wrote:

A lot depends on how much you want to spend and how much room there is for you to move back.

I would imagine the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 would be a great choice for a crop camera. Nikon's much more expensive 17-35 f/2.8 might also be good, depending on the room.

I'd personally add an 85 f/1.4 is I could afford it as a second lens. Nikon's 35 f/1.8 is a low light wide super choice.
--
Cheers, Craig

In addition to a wide/normal zoom (Tamron or whatever), I'd second Craig's addition of an 85 1.4 (or 1.8 actually as it's a super lens at a much cheaper price point).

Since you are on a DX camera (D90), the 85 may be a bit long so you may consider a 60mm 2.8 macro as it's crop is much like an 85 be on FX, making it a decent head & shoulders portrait lens with the added benefit of being able to get REALLY close to the subject..... which in your situation, I don't think anyone would argue with

Regards,
PG

-- hide signature --
 Cogset's gear list:Cogset's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow