If you could only have one lens for your 5D MK2?

Started Dec 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jesse_H
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
If you could only have one lens for your 5D MK2?
Dec 2, 2009

I'm still a rather amateur photographer so bear with me. Sorry if I get terms wrong or use something out of place though feel free to correct me otherwise I won’t learn.

I just upgraded from a rebel XTi to the 5Dmk2. I have been using a Tamron 18-270 lens. The main reason I upgraded was for the FF sensor wider FoV when taking landscape pictures.

My gut reaction was to just go out and buy a Tamron 28-300 because it seemed like it would fill the role my 18-270 did how ever after reading around I'm not sure that’s the best idea.

I travel a lot and most of the time I'm moving and don’t have a whole lot of time if any to frame a picture how I would like it I need a general purpose lens that will work in as many scenarios while still taking very sharp pictures. I was looking specially at the CANON 24-70mm F/2.8 which has reviewed like a good general purpose lens the only problem I have with it is it does not have image stabilization and that has been very handy on my 18-270 for night and low light pictures.

So what do you guys think? In my shoes if you could only have one lens is the CANON 24-70mm F/2.8 the one you would pick or would you pick something else?

Jesse

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow