Just bought the EP-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started Dec 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wStudios
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Just bought the EP-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 2, 2009

Will be here at my office sometime tomorrow (thank you, Amazon Prime :).

I spent several weeks researching the EP-1 and GF-1 and made the final decision this morning. It seems there is a little of the Nikon vs Canon thing going on in this forum, so without starting trouble I'll tell you why I choose the EP-1 over the GF-1 - keep in mind this is based on my needs , everyone is different :)))

1) IQ. No matter how you slice and dice it, the IQ of the EP-1 is simply stunning. It went head to head against Nikon and Canon DSLRs here on dpreview and came out in front, that is telling.

2) No More RAW - i have been shooting for years with both Nikon and Canon DSLRs and I have grown tired of PP my images. Finally a camera that delivers OOC JPEGs that don't require tweaking. Think about it, why pay $1000 for a camera just to have to 'do all the work', i want a camera that does the work for me :)))
Less time in the digital darkroom is more time out in the field shooting....

3) HIGH ISO - A camera that fits in your jacket pocket and does ISO 6400 ? Check :)))

4) IBIS - IS is an overpriced feature IMHO, something you pay a premium on each and every time you buy a lens that includes it. IBIS means that even my ancient pre-auto focus primes now have today's technology included.

5) Style. Maybe it's just me, but when I pay $800 for a camera I want a little more than just a plastic body and I want something thats look just as good as the output it delivers

6) Art Filters. Cheesy to some, maybe, but I see more wedding photogs and enthusiasts alike adding the pinhole and grainy black and white effects to their images in photoshop and posting on forums every day. Now I can have that capability on hand, at any time, no pc required. And man those pinhole/grainy bw images look stunning.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow