Started Dec 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Klofft
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,533
Like?
Need help with lens dilemma for Botswana trip
Dec 2, 2009

I’m going on Safari this June in Botswana (Okavango) and am trying to decide what equipment to bring. I’ll start by saying that I’m mostly into the big game, scenery and people – both locals and family. Also, I’m not much of a birder. I plan on using two bodies and don’t want to change lenses once I’m on the game drives. My first thought was two D700s with some combination of the 200-400, 70-200 and 24-70 each drive. I am concerned about the overall weight as we are taking a couple of internal flights and I’d like to keep it down as much as possible. Recently I started to think about bringing a lighter kit consisting of a D700, 24-70, 70-200, TC14 (or TC17) and a D300s. I’d use the TC with the 70-200 on the D300s and the 24-70 on the D700. This means leaving the 200-400 at home. For those that have been there before, I’m I making a mistake? Should I worry less about the weight/size issue? Thanks.
--
Jeff

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow