Started Dec 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr. Leonard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,294Gear list
Like?
MkIII or 7D?
Dec 2, 2009

For about the same price, I can get a 7D or used MkIII. Mostly I shoot BIF and I'm soliciting opinions (not rants) as to which would be better. Some posters claim the 7D is noisy, other not. Some claim a really good AF for the 7D, others not. Some claim "new" MkIII's have the AF fixed, others not. Maybe I've answered my own question - too many conflicting posts but anyway I'll be glad to hear the latest from those who have actually used these cameras.

I notice the pixel density of the 7D is 5.4 while that of the MkIII is 1.9. Does this translate to less noise at high ISO's? Noise really annoys me so I want to minimize it. I have a 40D now which is OK for noise (sometimes I need PP) but the AI Servo is not so great although I must say even though the % keepers is low, those kept I'm very happy with, even with my 100-400 which seems to be one of the good ones.

I don't care too much about megapixels - 10 is fine for since I print only up to 16X20 with not too much cropping. Anyway, when I do have to up the pixel count for prints, upscaling in Photoshop seems to do a good job, as far as my eyes tell me.
--
I am not responsible for my opinions.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow