Started Nov 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bmcent1
Contributing MemberPosts: 857
Like?
D3 owners happy with D3X ISO?
Nov 30, 2009

Hi all I have done some reading, but this is a HUGE investment for me, so looking for additional comments, especially from people with one or both of these cameras.

I own and love the D3, and I do a fair bit of High ISO work with it. I do some weddings and I also just love the options it opens up. For wedding work, I don't like going above ISO 2000 on it for my preferences in IQ.

I also have a dedicated studio and do at least as much studio work as wedding work. I'm salivating over the additional MP of the D3X and thinking of taking the plunge.

I can't, at this time, afford both bodies. So I have to make the choice of keeping the D3 and going without the D3X resolution, or moving up in MP but potentially loosing some low light performance.

One of the question marks is how much "worse" the D3X high ISO performance is? Some comments have said that by down sizing to 12 MP, you gain back some of the ISO performance.

What are your thoughts, experiences, comments if you've moved from a D3 to D3X?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow