Started Nov 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Tong
Contributing MemberPosts: 585Gear list
Like?
Photoshop CS4 Install Menu Options Obfuscation
Nov 29, 2009

I have both 64 and 32 bit versions of Photoshop CS4 installed on my 64 bit Windows. The 64 bit works fine, but the 32 bit has problems.

The install menu for Photoshop CS4 is the most confusing menu I have ever seen and it is inexcusably and horribly bad.

I would like to completely uninstall the 32 bit version ONLY - I don't want to mess with the 64bit version because it works fine and took a long time to get it working right (no thanks to Adobe tech support, nor ATI although they tried pretty hard). In addition it would take a long time to install all of the plugins and actions that work fine CS4 64 bit.

The idiot menu screen says:

Choose the options you would like to install or uninstall. Should you not have the option to specify that you want one or the other? Also there is no HELP at all. Possibly after the next step there is a menu that makes sense? I don't want to take a chance.

There is no way to put a check next to 32 bit version ONLY.

The only way to put a check next to 32 bit version is to check the 64bit version first.

So my question is:

1. If I check 64bit and the 32 bit -will it uninstall both? Sounds like it?

2. How can I uninstall/reinstall the 32 bit only???

Please post your experience with this topic only if you have actual EXPERIENCE with the outcome rather than a wild guess.

I have decided to post on DPreview rather than Adobe Forums which in the past I have found far less helpful.

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Dan Tong's gear list:Dan Tong's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony RX100 Canon PowerShot S110 Sony RX100 II Canon PowerShot S120 +17 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow