You Win! I give up. I can't ride the new camera roller coaster anymore.

Started Nov 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
talico
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
You Win! I give up. I can't ride the new camera roller coaster anymore.
Nov 29, 2009

I just can't compete with everyone who has a 7D. I have been officially outpaced by technology. I really would like a 7D, but I don't have that type of disposable income. I even want a 35L,85L and a 135L, its crazy. I keep looking, at what there is online. Do they have it at B&H, what about BestBuy? Why do people like myself always want the shiny new things? Is my old camera the 40D past it's prime? Actually I don't think so. If I bought a new 7D, and I took the following photos, I think I would be pretty happy. But since I took them with the 40D and 50 1.4f why I am I still looking for a new camera and or very expensive lenses? I am slowly convincing myself that I should be happy with what I have. The 40D is a great camera, so is the 50mm 1.4f, and I am lucky to have them. For those of you out there who are in my same boat, feel good about what you have and don't worry about what you can't have. Post some of your photos that you are taking with your "Obsolete" equipment.

My son took this one. He is 11.

My son taken using the 50 1.4 and a 430EX not even the 430EXII

The 40D does Wildlife too. I rented a 100-400mm for a trip to the Tetons. It is another lens I want, but can't afford.

Chicago Sunrise, Not a lot of noise. Some banding, which can be annoying at times. Not a major issue though.

Let's see your photos now.

Have a great day!

-- hide signature --
 talico's gear list:talico's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow