Started Nov 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Isezza
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Help with spill light
Nov 28, 2009

I've been playing with sudio lights and have a slight problem. I can set my key and fill ight to give good light. However when I add my third light to light my background I'm having trouble. Basically I have a white cotton background that I want to be white in the pics without showing the creases etc...

I have my key light set to f8, My fill light set to F4 (ISO 100 and sync speed 200). Both these lights have softbox's on them. The background light I have set to F16 and has a reflector dish attached, aimed at the background and about shoulder height. The problem I have is that I'm experiencing spill light on the subject, not alot but enough to be a problem.

How do you stop light spilling from the background light onto the subject. I was supposed to be getting some barndoors with my set but they are out of stock and won't be delivered for 2 weeks. Will barndoors solve my problem or do I need something else, how do you stop spill?

I need a solution that can be used in confined areas with limited space (such as some peoples homes). I don't have an assistant to hold barriers etc...

Can anyone help/provide advice.

Cheers!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow