New 7D from Jessops UK - New CF Card - 1st file 100-9676???

Started Nov 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayboo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,370Gear list
Like?
New 7D from Jessops UK - New CF Card - 1st file 100-9676???
Nov 28, 2009

Oh dear - thrilled with 7d - collected from store Wednesay evening - spent good day reading manual - shot with it a yesterday - last night downloaded 55 images shot and noticed first image with file number as above.

This is from a brand new unused Lexar Card - which of course I formatted - only thing I had done with the card was use it to download and install firmware as camera was showing firmware version 1.06

Now - when I got the camera from Jessops - he did take it off the display shelf but said it had only just arrived it had its battery installed but no cf card - box and all contents were imaculate and as new.

Should I assume someone tried it with a used CF card which they did not format as I cannot imagine this camera can have had 9600 shutter actuations - or if it were you would you return it.

I have no other issue with the camera - although I certainly haven't put it through any tests regarding all the focussing issues reported here and elsewhere on first quick examination of my images all seems good.

On present use it would take me I guess close to two years to take 10,000 shots - don't want to niggle about this but would like others input on what I should do -
thankyou
--
Jayboo

jayboo's gear list:jayboo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow