Anyone returning from Mac to PC?

Started Nov 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
Wm. L.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,145Gear list
Like?
Re: I just replaced the PSU in one
In reply to Jim Cockfield, Nov 25, 2009

Jim Cockfield wrote:

I buy refurbished Dells because you can find boxes with equivalent performance for less than you can build a PC if you're a good shopper. On the downside, the PSUs in their cheaper PCs are a bit underpowered if you plan on getting a higher end video card. But, it's easily replaced.

We have pretty much stuck with Optiplex and Precision for desktop and that helps down the road because parts are also available in the used market and those series have proven best for software support.

I have bought a lot of Outlet Latitude and Optiplex recently and a missing power cable on my doorstep the next morning was the biggest problem and all were latest model systems for about 20-27% less than building same new. Some had t8x5x NBN, and the warranty service is better for Latitude and Optiplex.

Wm. L.'s gear list:Wm. L.'s gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus Tough TG-2 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow