ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paul1631
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Busiest Time for Portrait Studios?
Nov 25, 2009

Hi everyone

I'm wondering what other people who do family portraits find to be their busiest time of year? I'm not talking weddings, just family groups, kids, babies and so on. Whether you run a studio (like me) or work on location/in homes etc.

I'm wondering because I'm finding myself in a very quiet November. I was expecting a busy build up to Christmas, but it hasn't happened (yet, I hope). We've done quite a lot of advertising, door to door flyers, adwords, etc; but our advertising campaign over the summer yielded far better results.

I thought maybe it's due to what happened last Christmas. With lots of retailers cutting and cutting prices leading up to xmas in desperation to sell anything, due to the economy. Are consumers expecting the same thing this year and holding off from buying presents to the last minute? Obviously the trouble for photographers, as service providers rather than product sellers, is that we can't fit "everybody" in for a shoot in the last week before the 25th.

How is everyone else fairing and what are your high and low points through out the year?

I'm in the UK by the way.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow