Started Nov 25, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daniel fritzen
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
Lightroom versus ACDSee Pro
Nov 25, 2009

I do not want to start a war but as an ACDSee (non pro) user I always used my Pentax supplied software to convert RAW to JPEG.

Then I tried the ACDSee Pro 3 beta for the last few months and it was different than I was used to but once I started playing with it I liked it a lot. It was similiar to Silky Pix which i demo'ed as well but with more features and better layout.

I installed the Lightroom 3 beta which works until Q1 or maybe Q2 2010 and the quality seems the same as ACDSee Pro. Lightroom may even have more features but i could not find some things. Cropping seemed to be hidden for a long time until I consulted online help and could find the right icon. I also do not like how Lightroom takes up too much space with menus and such thus making my picturs smaller. ACDSee can easily show just a picture with the F key. ACDSee seems to be way better at managing photos, something Lightroom is lacking.

I was hoping to force myself to use LR 3 Beta until it expired and realize I could use that just as easily as ACDSee Pro but it is not working. I can edit files but the layout is frustrating. Why is the export to JPEG only under one spot on the top menu?

For those who have used both is there anything I am missing if I use ACDSee Pro over Lightroom? I like that the v3 Beta is 64 bit but that is not enough. On top of it all ACDSee is cheaper.

daniel fritzen's gear list:daniel fritzen's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow