Need some advice - film rangefinder...

Started Nov 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,890
Re: Cheaper is not always cheapest
In reply to sillette, Nov 24, 2009

sillette wrote:

Just a thought from someone who is saving the pennies for a XI and has just realised he could, instead, get an excellent condition IIIg with a 35mm lens. I always have thought the IIIg the perfect Leica and wanted one but, when one is young, as I once was, the newness of the M3 and then the M4 seduced me.

Funny you should mention the lllg. My first leica was the lllg back in 1956. It was a terrific camera. The really odd thing about it is the previous owner had mounted the fifty mm bright line finder. Sigh go figure. I just sold a very nice lllg last week that I picked up in Bangkok I didn't make anything from the sale but its helping to finance my new m9.

You got me thinking what my favorite Leica is first as a user and second as something just like a lot. For the just like a lot because its well for lack of a better word its just beautiful sitting there looking so minimalist like a well I cant think like what. That would be a pre c series black lacquer standard with nickel metal work and an nickel elmar. I mean wow hehehhe and the first thing I would do is use it. My favorite user Leica is the M2 through m4-2 best finder if your gonna use 35mm and not all mucked up with those silly extra frame lines. Come to think of it I also kinda like the lllf er and the hmmm this list could get rather long sigh. Enjoy your lllg.
bosjohn aka John Shick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow