A550 Macros (18250+close up lens)

Started Nov 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
tchuanye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,782Gear list
Like?
Re: A little bright and yellowish....nice shots.
In reply to FEM2008, Nov 19, 2009

Thanks for the info! Its really useful!

FEM2008 wrote:

I noticed that if I use DRO,I get warmer yellowish or orange tones, especially in portrait color profile, otherwise the colors are usually pretty accurate to vibrant. Some have complained about warm white balance when using flash, but I have not had that problem often either. It depends on you settings, white balance and firmware version. Search this forum and you'll find lots of info.

Switch to standard color profile and tart by using the bare minimum settings on your camera and gradually add any automatic settings ( such as WB, DRO, etc) one by one to see if that makes a diffrence. For isntance, try setting your white balance manually and see what you get.

Also, if you do post processing, your monitor color profile can fool you into making the photos warmer. Is your monitor properly calibrated? It should be a first step into getting consistent and accurate results, otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy.

I hope that helps.

tchuanye wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

Does Sony gives a more yellow cast?

FEM2008 wrote:

I especially like #4: Spider. Burn the edges a little to darken and perhaps add a little mid-tone contrast (or increase the blacks a little more) and it will look pretty good.

-- hide signature --

FEM2008
Shoot now; process much later!

-- hide signature --

FEM2008
Shoot now; process much later!

tchuanye's gear list:tchuanye's gear list
Canon PowerShot A610 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon PowerShot S95 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow