AUTOFOCUSING with AF-ON...is it worth it?

Started Nov 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Saturoldan
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
AUTOFOCUSING with AF-ON...is it worth it?
Nov 18, 2009

Hi all!

Yesterday I came to the presentation of the new 1DIV here in Spain. A well-known sports photogapher here was who talk about the camera and it was quite interesting. I could feel the experience in his words, so it was very exciting.

I felt curious about a question regarding action photographers (sports, pj, wild...). He said that he separate the release/exposure functions (in main button) and AF (in AF-ON or * in older models) and that this was very advantage for him.

Canon says that the new AF-ON button in the 1DIV is now bigger because they listen to an increasing number of action photographers who separate those functions.

I have tried to separate AF from exposure/release but when I focus with AF-ON it is a little confusing for me, and donĀ“t feel comfortable, so I just do all with the main release button. Why should a person like me adapt to this working way?

Wich is your opinion? is it really favourable to do so when you are tracking a fast car or motorbike, tacking a football player or when doing BIFs? even when your incomings depends on this?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

...With the birds I'll Share This Lonely View...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow